Wayne High School
2020 Graduation Plan
- Formal Graduation Ceremony
- We are back on for a full graduation ceremony.
- Scheduled for July 12, 2020 @ 6:00 pm in the Nutter Center on Wright State University’s campus.
- If we are not given permission to hold a large graduation gathering by June 20, we will need to cancel the July 12 date.
- Drive-Up Diploma Ceremony CANCELED
- The drive-up diploma ceremony we had planned for May 23 has been canceled due to logistical challenges in providing adequate time to meet the needs our families want.
- In School Diploma Ceremony
- We have decided to replace the drive-up diploma ceremony with an in-school one.
- We will have an in-school, graduation ceremony for families at four different locations in Wayne High School
- The Auditorium
- The Main Gym
- The Student Entrance (which will switch to Muntz Gym, dependent on weather)
- The Cafeteria
- These ceremonies will take place over three days: Friday, May 22 from 6:00 pm-9:00 pm, Saturday, May 23 from 9:00 am-4:00 pm, and Sunday, May 24 from 9:00 am-1:00 pm.
- Senior families will sign-up for time slots to formally receive their child’s diploma and take pictures. We will have a photographer, announcer, and a board of education member on hand to congratulate and support graduates at each of the venues.
- We are intentionally reducing the number of school personnel at each location, to allow families to bring more people into the ceremony; all while keeping the total number of people to the required maximum of ten.
- As a result, students will be permitted to bring up to six family members with them to receive their diplomas and take pictures.
- Each time slot will be for up to eight minutes.
- Students will sign-up for the date, location and time that works best for their family using the “Sign-Up Genius” web-based platform.
- Each family may only register one student per email account. If you have multiple students graduating you will need to create additional “Sign-up Genius” accounts with different email addresses. .
- Click on “Sign-Up Genius” link and officially sign up for your chosen location, date/time. It is important to sign-up for your preferred location, date and time slot quickly to ensure your family’s preferences are met. If you are unable to access the link on this letter, you may access it on the Wayne High School Website at HuberHeightsCitySchools.org
- Registration opens at 3:00pm today, May 14, and closes at 11:59pm on Wednesday May 20th.
- Please view the following video on arrival, parking, and departure areas specifically for each graduation location. Click HERE!
- Things to consider:
- Park close to your entrance location, so that you can make sure you are on time and don’t have to walk as far.
- Please arrive for your time 15 minutes early, dressed in your cap & gown and ready to go.
- Practice social distancing and stay at least six feet from anyone outside of your family.
- Graduation Video
- A graduation video will be released on YouTube on the original graduation date and time of May 24 @ 6pm. You can access the video on the Wayne High School YouTube Channel
- Students and families can watch or download the video anytime after that date.
We recognize this is a lot of information and that families will have additional questions. If you still have questions, please reach out to Mr. Jeff Berk at email@example.com.
Jeff Berk, Principal